COURTS NEWS IRELAND may update these terms and conditions for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. We will provide notice of such changes in Section 11 below. You should regularly check Section 11 to see if any changes have been made. If you are a Courtsnewsireland.ie subscriber, any changes will become effective from the date of your next payment following the change unless we notify you otherwise. If you are not a Courtsnewsireland.ie subscriber, any changes will become effective as soon as we notify you of them.
We may in exceptional circumstances cease to publish Courtsnewsireland.ie, COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content or cease to provide subscription services. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you.
Ireland International News Agency makes every effort to be accurate and comply with applicable restrictions on court reporting required by statute and common law, however responsibility for re-publication of any content rests exclusively with the user.
2. Access and Use
We recommend that you also read our Copyright Policy that summarises how you are allowed to use COURTS NEWS IRELAND content. I
Access to courtsnewsireland.ie is read-only access and does not confer any publication rights. Unless you are a subscriber you may not be permitted to view any articles; if you are a registered user, you will be notified by email of all articles posted to COURTS NEWS IRELAND, if you have a temporary access pass, you will have one month’s free access to COURTS NEWS IRELAND.
From time to time we may invite specific groups of users to access certain sections of Courtsnewsireland.ie which may be the same as or different to the access given under a subscription.
Some or all of the content on COURTS NEWS IRELAND may be made free to access seven days after its publication date.
Permitted Use: All COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content either belongs to COURTS NEWS IRELAND or we have been licensed to publish it. No intellectual property rights in any COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content are transferred to you.
You are permitted to do the following:
- View COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with Courtsnewsireland.ie or any COURTS NEWS IRELAND application (this might be your PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet or other mobile device) and store COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content on that device for your personal use.
- Print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use.
- Share links to articles by using the article tools we make available at the foot of each article.
The following is also permissible:
- Publishing online, the original COURTS NEWS IRELAND headline and a link to the COURTS NEWS IRELAND article (on Courtsnewsireland.ie) and the first 140 characters of an article.
- Forwarding an original COURTS NEWS IRELAND headline and a link to the COURTS NEWS IRELAND article (on Courtsnewsireland.ie) and the first 140 characters of an article to other individuals.
As specified in the “Restrictions on Use” section below you may not republish or redistribute full text articles. You may however republish or redistribute “Summaries” of COURTS NEWS IRELAND articles if you comply with the conditions set out below. “Summaries” can be either an “extract” or an “abstract”. By “extract” we mean 30 words copied verbatim from an COURTS NEWS IRELAND article which are inserted into a longer original work. By “abstract” we mean a 30 word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in a COURTS NEWS IRELAND article which does not form part of a longer work.
Conditions for producing summaries:
- you quote COURTS NEWS IRELAND as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “[journalist name] at Courts News Ireland reported that”, with a hypertext link from the word “Courts News Ireland” to the original story published on Courtsnewsireland.ie;
- in the case of abstracts, you make clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating “this abstract from the Courts News Ireland was produced by [name]”, with a hypertext link from the word “Courts News Ireland” to the original story published on Courtsnewsireland.ie;
- you ensure that your summaries do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for COURTS NEWS IRELAND’s own products and services
- you do not use or create summaries that promote or endorse any product or service; and
- if COURTS NEWS IRELAND notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until COURTS NEWS IRELAND reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of COURTS NEWS IRELAND articles.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ADDITION TO OUR RIGHTS AT LAW TO RESTRICT CERTAIN TYPES OF USE REFERRED TO IN THIS SECTION 2, THE RESTRICTIONS BELOW ARE ALSO CONTRACTUAL IN NATURE AND BIND ALL USERS OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE.
Restrictions on Use: You cannot use Courtsnewsireland.ie or the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content for any unlawful purpose or other than as set out in the “Permitted Use” section above, unless you enter in to a relevant publishing contract with us, see http://Courts News Irelandcorporate.courtsnewsireland.ie/ for details. By way of example only, this means that you cannot:
- if you are an individual registered user or subscriber or have a temporary access pass, you cannot share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use, save for Groups or Companies who enter in to individual subscription agreements with Courts News Ireland. Sharing a password means a copy of the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage of Courtsnewsireland.ie to detect password sharing. Group subscriptions may be exempt from this.
- copy, publish, republish or redistribute, communicate or disseminate to third parties full text articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way.
- copy, publish, republish or redistribute headlines in any way other than as permitted by the “Permitted Use” section above (including as part of any syndication, content aggregation, news aggregation, library, archive or similar service).
- archive or store any of the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content for access by anyone other than yourself.
- create derivative works from the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content, unless you are creating summaries as described in the “Permitted Use” section above.
- photocopy or scan copies of articles.
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content made under these terms and conditions.
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any of the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content (by spidering or otherwise).
- frame, harvest or scrape the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content or otherwise access the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content for similar purposes.
- use or attempt to use the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content outside the parameters we set depending on what subscription you have.
Linking: If you would like to link to Courtsnewsireland.ie, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A site or service that links to Courtsnewsireland.ie:
- may display a COURTS NEWS IRELAND logo
- may not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the logo;
- may link to the homepage of Courtsnewsireland.ie, and, provided that the requirements of Section 2 are complied with, may also link to other pages of Courtsnewsireland.ie;
- must not in any way imply that COURTS NEWS IRELAND is endorsing it or its products or services;
- must not misrepresent its relationship with COURTS NEWS IRELAND or present false information about COURTS NEWS IRELAND;
- must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations;
- must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
On registration, you must provide COURTS NEWS IRELAND with accurate, complete registration information and it is your responsibility to update and maintain changes to that information on the applicable Courtsnewsireland.ie registration or subscription pages. COURTS NEWS IRELAND is entitled to rely on any information you provide to us.
Each registration is for a single user only. On registration, you will choose a user name and password (”ID”). You are not allowed to share your ID or give access to COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content through your ID to anyone else. COURTS NEWS IRELAND does not allow multiple users on a network or within an organization to use the same ID. COURTS NEWS IRELAND may cancel or suspend your access to Courtsnewsireland.ie if you share your ID without further obligation to you. You may not create additional registration or subscription accounts for the benefit of others or with the aim of avoiding our use of IDs to control access to and use of Courtsnewsireland.ie.
You are responsible for all use of Courtsnewsireland.ie made by you or anyone else using your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, the Courts News Ireland or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify COURTS NEWS IRELAND immediately by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you do not select an obvious user password (such as your name) and that you change it regularly.
If you provide COURTS NEWS IRELAND with an email address that will result in any messages COURTS NEWS IRELAND may send you being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by a third party (e.g. your employer or college) then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages. You also agree that COURTS NEWS IRELAND may stop sending messages to you without notifying you.
Google is a third-party vendor and ad network serving ads on this site.
Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
You can read Google’s own description of how its ads work here.
5. Third Party Sites and Services
Courtsnewsireland.ie may contain links to other Internet websites or online and mobile services provided by independent third parties, including websites of our advertisers and sponsors (what we call ”Third Party Sites”), either directly or through frames.
Courtsnewsireland.ie contains advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on Courtsnewsireland.ie complies with international and national law. COURTS NEWS IRELAND is not responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material.
A summary of what this section means: this section is important and you should read it carefully. It makes clear to what extent, if any, COURTS NEWS IRELAND accepts responsibility (liability) to you for your use of Courtsnewsireland.ie or the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content or in respect of any third party products or services that we refer to or link to on Courtsnewsireland.ie. Unless you are a subscriber to Courtsnewsireland.ie or have a temporary access pass, we accept no financial responsibility to you arising from your use of Courtsnewsireland.ie or the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content. If you are a subscriber to Courtsnewsireland.ie or have a temporary access pass, we limit our financial responsibility to you arising from your use of Courtsnewsireland.ie or the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content to the price you paid for your subscription or temporary access pass. In no circumstances do we accept responsibility for your use of Third Party Sites or in respect of any Third Party Products. By Third Party Sites we mean websites, online or mobile services provided by third parties, including websites of advertisers and sponsors that may appear on Courtsnewsireland.ie. By Third Party Products we mean products or services provided by third parties. Although this means that we accept very little in the way of financial responsibility for your use of Courtsnewsireland.ie and the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content, we believe this is fair on the basis that the cost of a subscription or for additional access rights is relatively inexpensive. It is not commercially possible for us to accept more responsibility for your use of Courtsnewsireland.ie than set out in this Section 6 taking into account that we permit you to use Courtsnewsireland.ie for no or a relatively inexpensive cost.
Limitations of COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content: the COURTS NEWS IRELAND Content (including any information we publish regarding Third Party Products) is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your particular requirements.
What we cover:
- Cases of alleged murder and rape before the Central Criminal Court in Dublin
- Dublin Circuit Criminal Court
- The Special Criminal Court
- The Court of Appeal
- Select High Court extradition court proceedings
- Limited High Court proceedings
What we don’t cover:
- Courts sitting outside of Dublin
- District Courts
- Most of the High Court proceedings in Dublin
- Civil court cases
The dates of the law terms for Irish courts vary from year to year, but typically run from October to July. See http://www.courts.ie for details on Terms and Sittings.
What we promise: COURTS NEWS IRELAND WILL TRY TO DEVELOP AND OPERATE COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE WITH REASONABLE SKILL AND CARE AND WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROMPTLY REMEDY ANY FAULTS OF WHICH IT IS AWARE. THIS IS THE ONLY PROMISE WE MAKE IN RELATION TO OUR PROVISION OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE, AND COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT.
What we do not promise: COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE AND THE COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT COURTS NEWS IRELAND DOES NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES IN RESPECT OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE OR THE SERVICES AND FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE OR OF THE QUALITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON OR LINKED TO FROM COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COURTS NEWS IRELAND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND DUTIES (EXCEPT ANY DUTIES OF GOOD FAITH) OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COURTS NEWS IRELAND ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SECURITY, PERFORMANCE OR AVAILABILITY OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE IS FREE FROM INFECTION BY VIRUSES OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS APPLY EQUALLY TO YOUR USE OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE AND ALL COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE ABOVE, COURTS NEWS IRELAND IS NOT LIABLE FOR MATTERS BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. COURTS NEWS IRELAND DOES NOT CONTROL THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS (INCLUDING YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER), THE INTERNET, ACTS OF GOD OR THE ACTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
Our financial responsibility to you: YOU AGREE THAT IF WE ARE IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE WILL ONLY BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE OR THE COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT (TO THE EXTENT THAT COURTS NEWS IRELAND’S LIABILITY IS NOT OTHERWISE EXCLUDED BY THIS SECTION 6) AS FOLLOWS:
- IF YOU INCUR ANY LOSS AS A RESULT OF USING COURTSNEWSIRELAND.IE OR ANY COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, COURTS NEWS IRELAND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY (LIABILITY) TO YOU FOR THIS.
THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS SECTION 6 APPLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF COURTS NEWS IRELAND, ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING THOSE LISTED IN SECTION 7 AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT OUR THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND DATA SUPPLIERS HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY OF THEIR DATA SUPPLIED TO YOU AS PART OF THE COURTS NEWS IRELAND CONTENT.
YOU ALSO AGREE TO WAIVE, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO BRING LEGAL CLAIM AGAINST SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THEIR CONTENT OR DATA ON ANY COURTS NEWS IRELAND SERVICE.
7. Subscription Services
We offer subscription services through Courtsnewsireland.ie and recommend that you read Our Service for more details and before purchasing a subscription.
Types of subscription/temporary passes: unless you purchase a subscription to use Courtsnewsireland.ie then your usage rights will be limited as set out on the Our Service Page You may obtain broader usage rights by purchasing a Courtsnewsireland.ie subscription. We may offer certain other subscription services from time to time. COURTS NEWS IRELAND reserves the right to vary the amount of content and types of service that it makes available to different categories of user which means that we may increase or reduce the content and services that are only available to paying subscribers from time to time.
Contract formation: COURTS NEWS IRELAND will try to process your subscription promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. COURTS NEWS IRELAND reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
Payment details: when you subscribe you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription or and may in suspicious circumstances contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities/other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. If you buy a subscription or using a corporate credit card than we will treat your subscription or as being for the benefit of both you and the relevant company.
Pricing: the subscription price and price will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages or otherwise during the sign-up process and may vary from time to time or by country. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you take out your subscription or purchase your temporary access pass. You can also take out any other fixed term or payment frequency that we may offer from time to time. We will always tell you in advance of any increase in the price of your subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price.
Cancellation and refunds of subscriptions: You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
You must give three months notice of any cancellation. When you cancel, you cancel only future charges associated with your subscription. You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time, but the cancellation will become effective until three months after the end of the current billing month.
You will not receive a refund for the current billing cycle. You will continue to have the same access and benefits of your product for the remainder of the current billing period.
We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
Pricing errors: if we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription or at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription or at that price, and reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription or without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription or and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
Other costs: in addition to any subscription or fees you pay, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing Courtsnewsireland.ie or using the services available on it. For example, if you use any of our mobile services then your network operator may charge you for data or messaging services.
Trials: we may from time to time and at our discretion make a trial available to users, in which case we will only charge you for your subscription with effect from the expiry of the trial period. No more than one trial per subscriber is allowed in any twelve month period.
Renewals: your subscription will continue until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive it, in which case you will stop paying the monthly fees. Please see the “Cancellations by you” section below for details of how to cancel your monthly subscription.
Cancellations by you and refunds: unless you cancel your subscription before we have started providing any part of it to you then you agree that once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, you do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it without three months notice. This means that you are not entitled to a refund once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, except in the very limited circumstances which are referred to in these terms and conditions. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect after three months. You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our Customer Services team at
Cancellations by us: COURTS NEWS IRELAND reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. You will not be entitled to any refund in these circumstances.
Who your subscription contract is with: if you buy a Courtsnewsireland.ie subscription, then you will be contracting with Courts News Ireland, whose principal place of business is at 16 Clare Street, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland.
These terms and conditions apply for the benefit for any or all of the above entities who may rely on them and/or enforce them in their own right.
8. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
If you are a user then these terms and conditions will be subject to Irish law. In this case, to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, both you and we agree that the courts of Ireland will (subject to the final paragraph in this Section 8) have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions.
For the exclusive benefit of COURTS NEWS IRELAND and to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, COURTS NEWS IRELAND will retain the right to bring or enforce proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these terms and conditions are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of the place of business in which you agreed to these terms and conditions or (if different) the country of your principal place of business.
You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to any company within the Courts News Ireland group of companies but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honour your rights under them.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
10. Corporate Information
Ireland International News Agency is the publisher of the Courtsnewsireland.ie website, whose company number is 135687.
11. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions were published on April 15th, 2016.
Personal information is collected by Ireland International News Agency Ltd.
Personal information is collected by
- The registration function
- The purchase of a subscription
Data collected may include
- Job title
- Company name
- E-mail address
- Payment details such as credit card information
- Country of origin
- Industry you work in
Use of Personal information
We use your Data for the following:
- Processing subscriptions, registrations and enquiries
- Conducting market research surveys
- Issuing email alerts
- Monitoring compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Copyright Policy
We use Sage Pay to collect/process transaction information. For more see http://www.sagepay.com/security_policy
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any of the data which we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is effective from October 10, 2014.